Thursday, October 6, 2011

rlwrap

package: rlwrap-0.37-1.el5.i386.rpm

Now I could call sqlplus this way:
$ rlwrap sqlplus user/password@sid.

Finally I create an alias
alias sqlp =”rlwrap sqlplus”



alias sqlplus=”rlwrap sqlplus”

this I would avoid. rlwrap does not support non-interactive mode (echo xxx | sqlplus), is not an oracle support tool, and crashes occasionnaly.

Personnaly I do
alias q=”rlwrap sqlplus”
so that I can always use sqlplus to run important script, and keep rlwrap for not-productive stuff.


the first variant is ok:
$ alias sqlplus=”rlwrap sqlplus”

If you want history, then you run alias:
$ sqlplus

To run command instead of the alias you add backslash:
$ \sqlplus

1 comment:

  1. rpm download page:
    http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=rlwrap

    ReplyDelete